Welcome to a journey through the splendor of Bali’s most luxurious resorts and villas! Imagine stepping into a world where every detail is designed for ultimate comfort and extravagance. In this blog post, we’ll explore some of the most lavish places to stay in Bali, where the essence of luxury meets the charm of tropical paradise.
Why might this be interesting to you? Sometimes a vacation in Bali is an opportunity to discover luxury living (I mean really luxurious). Resorts isn’t just about the price tag; it provides one of the most breathtaking views and experiences, making it a paradise for photographers and Instagram enthusiasts.
Let’s get into these exclusive retreats, where every moment is an experience in itself. Whether you’re planning a lavish getaway or just love to dream about them. I compiled a list of 20 places for you with some pictures and videos!
Please note that the prices can vary based on season and availability. So the prices can be different from what I’ve mentioned.
Aman Villas at Nusa Dua
At Aman Villas you’ll find a quiet, peaceful and luxurious setting. These villas, surrounded by frangipani-scented hillsides, offer both privacy and top-notch service. Picture yourself relaxing by your own pool, in a beautiful garden. You’re taken care of by two butlers and a personal chef. These villas also give you easy access to a private Beach Club and the famous Bali National Golf Club.
What sets Aman Villas apart is their focus on a personal experience. The food is based on local ingredients and fresh seafood from Jimbaran Market, all tailored to what you like. You can have these special meals in different private places around the villa. This makes dining both personal and fancy. Plus, it’s only a 20-minute drive from Denpasar Airport, and they offer free rides from there. This makes your trip easy and comfortable.
Here’s what you need to know about Aman Villas at Nusa Dua:
- Ideal For: Those seeking a private, luxurious retreat with personalized services. It’s perfect for honeymooners, families, or anyone looking to indulge in an exclusive, serene getaway.
- What Sets It Apart: Personalized service with two butlers and a private chef, along with access to a private Beach Club and Bali National Golf Club. The focus on local cuisine and customizable dining experiences adds a unique touch.
- Why You Would Want to Visit: For the ultimate luxury experience in a tranquil setting, complemented by bespoke services and exclusive amenities. It’s an ideal choice for those who appreciate privacy, personalized service, and exquisite surroundings.
- Average Price: Around €2100 per night (IDR 35,500,000)
Bulgari Resort Bali
Bulgari Resort Bali mixes Balinese style and Italian design. It’s high up, 150 meters above sea level, with amazing views of the Indian Ocean. This place is all about luxury and nature. Each villa has a private sun deck and a small pool for you to relax. One special thing is an elevator that goes down to a private beach. The resort also has a big pool that looks over the ocean.
The villas are big and have Balinese decor with modern touches. The bathrooms are really nice, with big windows that look out to private gardens. You can work out any time at the fitness center or enjoy the spa with ocean views. The resort has great food too. Il Ristorante Luca Fantin serves Italian dishes, and Sangkar Restaurant has different kinds of food. If you like seafood, try La Spiaggia. Bulgari Resort is close to Uluwatu Temple and the airport.
Here’s what you need to know about Bulgari Resort Bali:
- Ideal For: Those looking for a mix of traditional and modern luxury, privacy, and stunning ocean views. It’s perfect for couples, families, or anyone who loves the finer things in life.
- What Sets It Apart: The resort combines Balinese design with Italian style. Unique amenities include a private beach accessible via an inclined elevator, an infinity pool, and a private cinema in the villa.
- Why You Would Want to Visit: For its breathtaking location, luxurious amenities, exclusive beach access, and a blend of Italian and Balinese culinary experiences.
- Average Price: Approximately €1400 per night (IDR 23,700,000)
(Based on average rates for a standard room).
Amankila Hotel in Bali is a place of peaceful luxury. It’s on a hillside and looks out over the sea. The hotel is all about calm and beauty. Walkways lined with pretty trees connect the suites, which are up high for great views. In the middle of the hotel, there’s a big, three-tier pool. There’s also a private beach with black sand. You have to take a special elevator to get there. The hotel is about an hour and a half from the airport by car.
Amankila is really special because of its location and the things it offers. It’s near Mount Agung, a sacred mountain. The hotel’s beach is quiet and private. You can explore the area around the hotel too. There are water palaces and old temples to see. If you want to relax, there are places to do that outside, near your suite. The suites are separate and have their own pools. You can also eat right there on your terrace.
Here’s more about Amankila Hotel:
- Ideal For: People who want a quiet and beautiful place. It’s great for those who like nature and want to relax.
- What’s Special: The hotel’s location is unique. It’s up high with amazing views and a private beach. The suites are separate and peaceful.
- Why Visit: To enjoy a peaceful place with beautiful views. It’s perfect for relaxing and seeing the natural beauty of Bali.
- Average Price: Around €1225 per night (IDR 20,700,000).
Raffles Bali is an oasis of calm and luxury, set deep in nature. It’s less than a half-hour drive from Ngurah Rai International Airport, but it feels like a world apart. Once you arrive, you’re greeted by lush gardens and a sense of peace that’s hard to find anywhere else. It’s a tropical paradise that combines relaxed Balinese beach style with modern luxury. Imagine having your own Wellbeing Butler, who knows all about the island and its culture, taking care of your every need.
At Raffles Bali, there’s something for everyone. Want to relax? The Raffles Spa is all about rejuvenation and relaxation, offering the finest treatments. If you like staying active, there’s a state-of-the-art fitness center with professional trainers. The infinity pool is another highlight, where you can lounge in the water or on the poolside daybeds, attended by Raffles Ambassadors. For those who enjoy tennis, there are courts available with lessons, equipment, and even a partner if you need one. The resort also offers a meditation terrace for mindfulness practices like yoga and sound healing, and special serenity sleep rituals to ensure a restful night.
Here’s a quick summary of what Raffles Bali offers:
- Ideal For: Those looking for a blend of tranquility, luxury, and personal service. It’s great for couples, families, or anyone who wants a serene and indulgent experience.
- What Sets It Apart: Unique features include a Wellbeing Butler, a world-class spa, an infinity pool with ocean views, and mindfulness and fitness activities. The resort is committed to environmental and cultural preservation, offering an experience that’s both luxurious and responsible.
- Why You Would Want to Visit: For its beautiful location, luxurious amenities, personal service, and commitment to sustainability. It’s a place where you can unwind and enjoy Bali’s natural beauty in style.
- Average Price: Around €1185 per night. (IDR 20,000,000)
Amandari, designed like a traditional Balinese village, is a serene retreat overlooking the Ayung River Gorge. Guarded by a sacred stone tiger, this peaceful haven is where you can truly unwind. The guest suites, free-standing and connected by frangipani-lined pathways, offer stunning views from their hillside perch. The pool, shaped to mimic the rice paddies below, adds a touch of natural beauty. Located near Ubud, Bali’s artistic heart, Amandari invites you to both reflect and explore the local culture.
The resort is nestled in the village of Kedewatan, around a 90-minute drive from Denpasar’s Ngurah Rai International Airport. This makes it a convenient yet secluded destination. Whether you’re seeking tranquility or an adventure into Bali’s cultural richness, Amandari provides an ideal base. The resort’s design and location, close to Ubud, offer a perfect blend of natural beauty and cultural exploration.
Here’s a snapshot of what Amandari offers:
- Ideal For: Those looking for a peaceful retreat, blending traditional Balinese culture with luxury. Perfect for travelers who appreciate art, nature, and a serene environment.
- What Sets It Apart: Its design, mimicking a Balinese village, offers an authentic experience. The resort’s location near Ubud makes it ideal for cultural exploration.
- Why Visit: For its unique blend of luxury and culture, set in a serene environment that encourages both relaxation and exploration.
- Average Price: Ranges from €1115 per night for a standard room. (IDR 18,800,000)
Suluban Cliff Bali Villa
Suluban Cliff Bali Villa is a luxurious spot perched high above Padang Padang beach. It’s like stepping into a postcard with its stunning ocean views and sunset cliffs. Imagine waking up to the vast blue of the ocean and spending your day lounging in a scenic beachside setting. This place is all about luxury and convenience. It’s private but not too far from important things like a pharmacy or a hospital, and they’re really careful about keeping things safe and clean, especially during these times.
The villa has lots of cool stuff to make your stay fun and comfortable. They offer services like laundry and transport if you need them. Foodies will love the in-villa dining with fancy dishes. Imagine having breakfast on a floating tray in the pool or relaxing on big floaties, including a swan-shaped one! Plus, you’ll have high-speed WiFi all over the property. It’s like having your own little paradise with all the comforts you could want.
Here’s a quick snapshot of Suluban Cliff Bali Villa:
- Ideal For: Perfect for anyone looking for a luxurious and scenic getaway. It’s great for families, couples, or groups who want privacy with easy access to amenities.
- What Sets It Apart: Stunning location with ocean views and unique amenities like floating breakfast trays and fun pool floaties. Plus, it’s in a convenient location that’s safe and private.
- Why You Would Want to Visit: For the breathtaking views, luxurious amenities, and the perfect balance of seclusion and convenience.
- Average Price: Around €1050 per night. (IDR 17,900,000)
Four Seasons Resort Bali at Sayan
The Four Seasons Resort Bali at Sayan offers a unique experience. Imagine crossing a dramatic suspension bridge and entering a world surrounded by the lush Ayung River Valley. The resort’s architecture is inspired by local rice bowl shapes, blending seamlessly into the natural surroundings. This sanctuary is not just about luxury accommodations; it’s an invitation to immerse yourself in the heart and soul of Bali.
The resort offers various accommodation types, each with its own charm. For instance, the River-View Two-Bedroom Villa provides a meditation area, outdoor living room, and a plunge pool, perfect for those seeking tranquility with the soothing sound of the river. Other options include the One-Bedroom Villa, adorned with intricately carved wood and traditional ikat fabric, and the spacious Family Suite, ideal for parents and kids. Each villa and suite is designed to offer comfort and elegance, harmonizing with the rich greenery and rice terraces of the surrounding hillside.
Here’s a quick snapshot of Four Seasons Resort Bali at Sayan:
- Ideal For: Those who love a mix of luxury, nature, and culture. It’s perfect for families, couples, and anyone looking to experience Bali’s natural beauty and cultural richness.
- What Sets It Apart: The resort’s unique architecture and location, with accommodations offering stunning river and valley views. It’s a blend of luxury and traditional Balinese culture.
- Why You Would Want to Visit: For an immersive experience in Bali’s cultural heart, surrounded by natural beauty and luxurious comfort.
- Average Price: Around €1010 per night. (IDR 17,100,000)
Mandapa, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve
Mandapa, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve in Bali, is more than just a hotel. It’s a peaceful retreat, perfect for relaxing. Think of it as your own ‘temple’, as ‘Mandapa’ means in Sanskrit. It’s in Ubud, surrounded by lovely green forests and nature. You’ll find yourself only 10 minutes from the lively downtown Ubud.
This place has 60 special villas and suites. They look like a Balinese village and have beautiful views of forests, rice fields, or the river. Every villa has a private terrace and a small pool. Plus, you get a butler all day and night! There’s also a big pool, a spa, free WiFi, and help for things like trips, bike hire, and laundry. Families will like the kid’s club and meeting spaces.
- Ideal for: Those looking for a serene, luxurious retreat amidst natural beauty and cultural richness.
- What Sets it Apart: The resort’s design emulates a traditional Balinese village, offering an authentic cultural experience along with luxury.
- Why You Would Want to Visit: To enjoy the unique combination of luxury, natural beauty, cultural immersion, and personalized service.
- Average Price: € 995 (IDR 16,800,000)
Capella Ubud, Bali, is a unique and adventurous place to stay. Hidden in a forest, it’s inspired by explorers from the 1800s. The designer, Bill Bensley, made it to honor their adventurous spirit. The camp has 22 one-bedroom tents and a two-bedroom lodge, all with their own salt water pools.
Each tent, like the Keliki Valley, River, or Rainforest tents, has a big outdoor deck, bathrooms inside and outside, and great views. You get a private dining area outside, a big daybed, and your own pool. Plus, there’s a special living room called the “Officer’s Tent” and a Capella Culturist to help you 24/7.
- Ideal for: Adventure lovers and nature enthusiasts.
- What Sets it Apart: It’s like a camp from the 1800s, hidden in a forest.
- Why Visit: For an adventurous, unique stay in nature.
- Average Price: €950 (IDR 16,100,000)
Soori Bali is a peaceful getaway, beautifully located between Mount Batukaru and terraced rice fields on Bali’s south-western coast. It’s designed by architect Soo K. Chan and focuses on environmental and cultural sustainability. The resort is built with local materials and has 48 villas, each with a private pool and amazing views of the mountain or ocean. The beach nearby has unique black sand.
The resort is known for its pure approach, using fresh produce from nearby farms and its own garden. It has two restaurants, a full-service spa, an infinity pool, and a 24-hour gym. It’s also close to Tanah Lot and the Tabanan area, making it great for exploring.
- Ideal for: Those who love nature and want peace.
- What Sets it Apart: Focus on sustainability and beautiful design.
- Why Visit: For the natural beauty, great food, and relaxing spa.
- Average Price: €930 (IDR 15,700,000)
Abaca Villas in Seminyak, Bali, is an exclusive complex of three large and luxurious private villas. These villas offer a range of sizes, from 3 to 16 bedrooms, accommodating up to 41 guests in total. Set on a massive 3700 square meters of land with stunning rice field views, it’s a top pick for family holidays or events. The complex includes four swimming pools and ensures complete privacy for its guests.
Abaca Villas stands out for its commitment to sustainability. They’ve eliminated plastic bags, use refillable toiletries, and provide recycling bins. They also use reusable laundry bags and glass water bottles, making your stay eco-friendly and conscious. Their 13-member staff, including chefs, housekeepers, and butlers, are dedicated to making your stay comfortable and memorable. They prepare delicious breakfasts and cater to all your requests, ensuring a tailored experience. Whether you’re on a family holiday or organizing a special event, Abaca Villas is equipped to meet your needs.
- Ideal for: Family holidays and special events.
- What Sets it Apart: Its commitment to sustainability and luxury.
- Why Visit: For an eco-friendly, luxurious experience in a private setting.
- Average Price: €915 (IDR 15,500,000)
Alila Villas in Uluwatu
Alila Villas Uluwatu in Bali is a stunning place. Picture this: you’re high up on cliffs over the ocean. It’s like being at the edge of the world. The villas are super nice. They’re all about being green and private. It’s really quiet and peaceful, perfect for relaxing. For those who like sustainable and eco-tourism, this is a viable option.
Now, the food is something else. The chefs use Bali’s own recipes and flavors. You get to taste real Bali food. And they have this cool place that’s just like a local Balinese eating spot. It feels authentic and is pretty neat.
- Ideal for: Those who love quiet spots and nature.
- What Sets it Apart: It’s built on cliffs and is eco-friendly.
- Why Visit: For the peace, amazing views, and authentic Bali food.
- Average Price: €910 (IDR 15,400,000)
The Lotus Residence
The Lotus Residence in Bali is a peaceful retreat, set in a typical Balinese village environment. It’s on a big 12,000 sqm land, making it spacious and close to nature. The location is handy – it’s a 75-minute drive from the airport, 35 minutes to trendy Seminyak, and 40 minutes from Ubud, known for art. You’re also near great temples, paddy fields, and mountains.
This place has great service. The staff is friendly and has been working there for years. They take care of everything – from taxis and meals to massages. The rooms are always clean. The villa has three areas: one with cabins and a big pool, a massage area with pools and treatment buildings, and a rice paddy with a garden. It’s about 20 minutes from Canggu beaches.
- Ideal for: Those looking for a peaceful retreat in a natural setting.
- What Sets it Apart: Its vast space, professional service, and dedicated relaxation areas.
- Why Visit: For the serene environment, excellent service, and proximity to local attractions.
- Average Price: €865 (IDR 14,600,000)
Anapuri Villas, located on Bali’s South-East coast, offers a peaceful retreat on Pabean Beach. It’s known for its tranquility, where the only sound is the soothing waves. The views here are breathtaking, with the Indian Ocean in front and the majestic Mount Agung and Nusa Penida Island in the backdrop. The beach is part of Gianyar, the same region as Ubud, Bali’s cultural and spiritual heart, making it perfect for day trips to explore local culture.
The complex includes four private villas, each offering unique features and dedicated staff. These villas are right on the beach, allowing guests to enjoy ocean views or beach walks anytime. Each villa boasts its own exclusive oceanfront infinity pool, perfect for lap swimming. Anapuri focuses on providing private, serene experiences, letting guests have their own space without the hustle of shared holiday spots.
- Ideal for: Seeking tranquility and privacy.
- What Sets it Apart: Beachfront location with exclusive infinity pools.
- Why Visit: For serene beachside relaxation and cultural exploration.
- Average Price: €865 (IDR 14,600,000)
Buahan, a Banyan Tree Escape
Buahan, a Banyan Tree Escape in Bali, is a special place. Time feels different here. It’s perfect for getting away from it all and finding new ways to connect. You’ll find it near a small village, tucked deep in the Balinese jungle. It’s about 40 minutes from Ubud. This spot is away from busy areas, so you can enjoy clear views of mountains, a river, and a hidden waterfall.
The villas here are really different. They have no walls or doors! This gives you a ‘Naked Experience’, where you’re super close to nature. From your villa, you can see the jungle and mountains all around. It’s a great way to feel part of the natural world.
- Ideal for: Those seeking a unique, immersive nature experience.
- What Sets it Apart: Its unique villas with no walls or doors, providing an uninterrupted connection with nature.
- Why Visit: For a one-of-a-kind stay that brings you closer to the natural beauty of Bali.
- Average Price: €840 (IDR 14,200,000)
COMO Shambala Estate
COMO Shambhala Estate in Bali is all about wellness. It’s tucked away in a forest near Ubud, between two big rivers. This place is known for being healthy and relaxing. They have great food, treatments, and outdoor stuff to do. It’s about a 90-minute drive from Denpasar’s airport.
The resort has villas and suites that make you feel like you’re at home, but in the wild. They’re inspired by Indonesia’s culture. Here, everything is about feeling good – body, mind, and soul. You can go on nature hikes and check out local culture.
- Ideal for: Wellness enthusiasts and nature lovers.
- What Sets it Apart: Its focus on wellness and its unique location in a forest near Ubud.
- Why Visit: To enjoy a rejuvenating retreat that combines health, nature, and culture.
- Average Price: €830 (IDR 14,200,000)
The Edge Bali is a luxurious resort located on a clifftop in Uluwatu. This beautiful spot offers tranquility, luxury, and great service. It’s perfect for a romantic getaway or a family holiday. From here, you get stunning views of the ocean. The Edge is perched on the southwestern coast of Bali’s Bukit Peninsula in Pecatu. It’s around a 40-minute drive from Ngurah Rai International Airport in Denpasar.
This 5-star hotel has lovely villas with private pools, home entertainment systems, and free WiFi. It’s great for relaxing, with a top-notch spa and fitness center. Plus, there’s a golf course just 1.9 miles away. The Edge also offers two outdoor swimming pools, an outdoor tennis court, and a steam room. There are three restaurants and plenty of coffee shops and cafes, along with a snack bar. They serve free breakfast every day. You can enjoy a drink at the poolside bar or another bar on site.
- Great for: A peaceful, luxury stay with ocean views.
- What’s Special: Clifftop location with amazing ocean views.
- Why Go: For luxury, relaxation, and ocean views.
- Average Price: About €680 per room (IDR 11,500,000). Check online for the latest prices.
Ayana Villas Bali is a part of the big AYANA Resort and Spa in Jimbaran Bay. It’s a special part of a 222-acre area with lush gardens on a clifftop. There are 78 private villas in this quiet spot. People love it for its luxury, space, and peaceful feel. It’s really pretty, with well-kept gardens and nice pools and gardens in each villa. Sometimes, you might even see monkeys!
The resort has its own bit of Jimbaran Bay. It’s got private beaches, lots of pools, and places to eat. It’s a big place with lots of room to relax. The villas are all about luxury in a tropical paradise. They’re right by the sea and are made to make you feel pampered.
- Ideal for: Luxury and relaxation seekers.
- What Sets it Apart: Its location in a lush tropical paradise with private beaches and a variety of pools.
- Why Visit: To enjoy a luxurious, secluded experience in one of Bali’s most beautiful bays.
- Average Price: €800 (IDR 13,500,000)
Hi I am Dwi. I am a blogger, travel agent and a mom of a lovely daughter and wife to a supportive husband. I customize and plan tours in Bali and islands nearby for a living and have been doing this for more than 14 years. Get in touch via contact [at] taletravels.com