This time I am making something sweet for dessert. It is also a comfort food for many. The dish sweet Martabak is a famous dish that goes around in Asia, this recipe is an Indonesian variant of it. Made in Bali with love <3
Sweet Martabak made in a normal pan
- Mixer or Blender
- 400 grams all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 200 ml Milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Grilled Peanuts
- Liquid Chocolate
- Add Milk, sugar, salt, baking powder, vanilla and start mixing this with your blender or mixer
- After it's been well mixed add all-purpose flower. Don't add it all at once. Blend/Mix and add untill all is added.
- After all is mixed, check if you have some air bubbles in your mixture. If this is not the case keep blending/mixing.
- When the air bubbles are in the mixture, let it rest for 40 minutes. Put a dish cloth.
- After 40 minutes, add Baking Soda, and mix it again
- Add the mixture to the pan and divide it evenly. Roll the pan so it touches the edges. The fire should be very low, and if you can use a pan raiser so there is less heat coming to the pan. Put a lid on the pan and leave it for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, you will notice many pores this is the signature of sweet Martabak. Sprinkle sugar on top.
- Put the martabak on a plate. And gently spread margarine on top. Use a brush for this
- Now you can add toppings to your likings
- Eat and enjoy sweet martabak